Saturday, December 1, 2012

Jacobs Physics: Article link: Keith Williams on the use -- and abuse -- of technology for technology's sake

I had a great time the other day visiting Woodberry prep school, a gorgeous facility for boys in grades 9-12 near beautiful Orange, VA. Friendly faculty member and physicist Greg Jacobs gave me a great tour. Quite a facility! And best of all, I got to interact a bit with some of the students who are tackling some rather complex problems in preparation for a competition.

My visit to Woodberry reminded me of where I was, in my own thinking, around grade 9- thoroughly absorbed in understanding new ideas, and quite relieved to find other young people who shared my interests.

Jacobs and his colleagues are doing a great job encouraging students to think out loud and work together as they play with new ideas and concepts.

Jacobs Physics: Article link: Keith Williams on the use -- and abuse -- of technology for technology's sake

No comments:

Post a Comment